Visualization system and scenes
The visualization system is the integrated hardware and software system that provides detailed visual presentation of out-of-cockpit space for the helicopter full flight simulator.
Scientific and Production Association “AVIA”, Ltd. offers two versions of multi-channel visualization system: fixed (only the simulator cockpit is mounted on the motion platform) and entirely mounted on the motion system (simulator cockpit and visualization system are mounted on the motion platform). The unique technology of dynamic compensation of the parallax effect, which is caused by movement of the cockpit relative to the screen, has been developed by “AVIA”, Ltd. company.
The visualization system includes a spherical type screen, with a field of view not less than 240 ° horizontal and 90 ° vertical, full set of 8 professional projectors that use DLP ® modern technology, providing the display resolution 1920x1200 pixels on the channel. The visual system of Scientific and Production Association “AVIA" meets the requirements of JAR-FSTD (H) and ICAO for image generation systems of FFS level D.
Eight image generators represent the core of the visualization, based on high-performance computers and high-end solutions for rendering three-dimensional scenes using AMD CrossFireX ™ or NVIDIA SLI ™ technologies .
All of these components together provide displaying of the seamless, continuous image on the spherical screen with total resolution 7280 х 2200 pixels at frequency 60 frames / sec; with brightness, contrast and field of view matched to the best advantage of the visualization system relating particularly to the helicopter simulator.
The high level of realism and mipmapping level of three-dimensional scenes are extremely important for high quality of crew training.
It becomes specifically significant when it comes to helicopter full flight simulators, where the quality of the visualization system is particularly important.
”AVIA” is traditionally committed to creation of high-quality 3D scenes for flight simulator visualization system. Scenes are created on the basis of reliable geo-specific information using photo-realistic textures. All of that in combination with use of all modern graphics accelerators capabilities to the fullest bring the desired results.
Visualization system provides:
- Realistic image of the different types of terrain landscape in all seasons;
- Dynamic change in visual range
- Fog effect with adjustable density parameters
- Wind speed and direction dependent snow
- Wind speed and direction dependent rain
- Modeling various types of clouds, editing its density and upper and lower edges;
- Dynamic change of the day time;
- Detailed modeling of the runways, helipads with markings, information signs, landing lights, field support equipment;
- Modeling of volumetric water surface with the reflection and refraction of light implementation;
- Implementation of objects dynamic shadows;
- Modeling of buildings of high complexity, for example using a light reflective materials;
- Reproducing images of such complex special effects, like dust vortex and blizzard, snow and rain, etc.